PDA

View Full Version : Victoria On Why She Left WWE

Kemo
12-09-2019, 08:41 PM
Lisa Marie Varon, better known to WWE fans by her ring name in the company, Victoria, recently had an interview with Lilian Garcia on her Chasing Glory podcast where she talked about her time in WWE and more in detail.

The former Women’s Champion stayed in the company for almost a decade and she had a successful career in the promotion, though she still had a couple of years left in her contract when she asked for her release from the company.

Talking about the reason why she decided to leave the promotion, the former Champion recalled how fans had stopped believing in her character because she was always losing and said that she wanted to leave still happy and loving what she did:

“I still loved the business and I didn’t want to be the bitter vet who starts crapping on the company. I wanted to leave still happy and loving what I did.”

Victoria then explained how she talked to WWE higher-ups after making the decision. Vince McMahon asked her if there was anything they can do and the former WWE star asked for one final match against Michelle McCool.

Victoria began her professional wrestling training in June 2000 and was signed by WWE shortly after. She stayed with the company for almost a decade and won the Women’s Championship twice before leaving the promotion in January 2009.

She joined TNA after leaving the company where she had a 4 years long run. She also made appearances for ROH after leaving the promotion now known as Impact Wrestling. Varon announced her retirement from pro wrestling earlier this year.