PDA

View Full Version : TJP Explains The Level Of Micro-Management In WWE Matches

Kemo
12-10-2019, 10:26 PM
Former WWE star TJP recently did a detailed Q&A on Reddit where he talked about things like his time in the Cruiserweight Classic Tournament, if he will go back to NXT and more.

During the session, the former Cruiserweight Champion was asked about the creative process of putting together matches in WWE and he revealed that the process involves a producer going through every move they are going to do in a match before the show:

“Early in the day your producer sits down with you and a sheet of paper and insists you tell them every single move you will do and what part of the ring you will do it in.

I’ve asked constantly, especially as a 20 year guy from an older generation with a lot of experience at every level, why that’s necessary and why do they ask us to be able to “feel it out there” or etc when they don’t want that at all. They never have a real answer for that.”

The high flying star claimed that he is fine with explaining all the details too but he then went on to reveal that you receive commands even during the match and the referee is constantly repeating instructions you receive from the producers in the back.

“As I do my match, at least with the producer we had for 205 (not Hunter) I’m being told by the ref, “they’re saying slam him and grab a headlock….they’re saying get on top of him and lay in some punches….they’re saying send him into the turnbuckle and dan at the crowd…”

The former TNA star then claimed that the producers play favorites with some guys and allow them to be more creative with their bouts. Per him, in WWE your match just isn’t your match.

Though later in the session, TJP also revealed that there were some producers such as Dean Malenko and D-Von Dudley who never asked him for specific details for his matches and let him do his own thing.

Apart from this, the former WWE star also talked about winning the Cruiserweight Classic, how much money he makes in the indies compared to WWE and more.