PDA

View Full Version : Bayley Shares Her Dream Match, Reflects On Heel Turn

Kemo
12-10-2019, 10:29 PM
Current WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley recently joined Booker T for an episode of his Hall of Fame podcast. During their conversation, she revealed what her current dream match would be and opened up about her heel turn.

Bayley shared how her old dream match used to be her versus Lita. Now, however, that matchup has changed into a tag team affair featuring her and “The Boss” Sasha Banks against Lita and Trish Stratus. She noted how, if she were able to secure this matchup, she could happily retire from in-ring action.

Having her best friend by her side has helped Bayley throughout her career. She explained to Booker T how WWE’s schedule is so fast-paced she’s glad to have someone like Banks helping her to stay focused.

“All the women are so good that I want to be as good or be better,” Bayley said. “Having Sasha, honestly, is probably my main help. I think she is the greatest and she’s always really focused. Even though she’s younger than me, she’s always the bigger sister or mom to me where she holds me down. You definitely need that person on the road with you to keep you sane, focused, to be your friend or be your ear or shoulder.”

When the Hall of Famer asked her about her recent character changes, Bayley acknowledged how she had been stuck doing the same gimmick for seven years. For her, she was interested in doing something totally different, especially near the end of her babyface run. She admitted that she wanted to embrace that mean streak but, after finally being given the opportunity, found herself initially confused about how to embody her new persona.

“I want to be bad, I want to be mean. It’ll be easier, I know exactly what I would do, how I would act, how I would talk.’ Then, I get here and I’m like ‘Uhhh, what the hell am I doing? Now what?’ It’s all a learning process, but it’s fun. In my career, I want to be able to do everything and go through all the different avenues and the humps and waves. I don’t want to just stay on the same road the whole time.”

She attributed the idea of turning heel to herself and creative, sharing that she had always had an idea saved if the chance ever presented itself for her to commit to a new direction.

This Sunday sees WWE host December’s pay-per-view, TLC. At the time of writing, Bayley is yet to be scheduled a matchup despite being SmackDown Women’s Champion. Both her and “The Boss” are currently feuding with Lacey Evans.

TLC takes place on December 15th from the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.