PDA

View Full Version : Bully Ray: Mike & Maria Kanellis Allegedly ‘Misled’ WWE Before Re-Signing

Kemo
12-10-2019, 10:32 PM
Following a wave of Superstars publicly requesting their releases from WWE, the company released wrestlers from their contracts over the past several days.

Sin Cara, Luke Harper and The Ascension tag team have all been “wished well in their future endeavors.” Sin Cara and Harper had gone public with their want to leave the company over the past few weeks (Cara) and months (Harper), both confirming online that they wanted to ply their trade elsewhere. It is not currently known whether The Ascension had requested their release or were let go for other reasons.

One name on the proverbial chopping block who is still with WWE is Mike Kanellis. The former Ring of Honor and New Japan star had also gone public with his want to leave. Kanellis released the following statement back on October 14th:

“Today I asked for my release from WWE,” Kanellis wrote. “I want to thank everyone in the company who has helped me out. And who I have shared a locker room with. I love you all. I’ve been with the company for almost 3 years and I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity. However it is time for me to move on. I am only 34 years old and feel I have way too much left in the tank. Working 1 day a week is just not going to cut it for me. I came to WWE to work and that opportunity does not exist right now.”

This statement came just 4 months after he and wife Maria reportedly signed a 5-year deal with WWE.

WWE Hall of Famer Bully Ray elaborated more on the Mike and Maria situation this week on the Busted Open Radio Sirius XM radio show show.

“I heard rumors, and not internet rumors and dirt sheet rumors.” said Bully Ray. “I’ve heard talk of some scuttlebutt amongst the boys that Mike and Maria might have misled the WWE when their new contracts were signed. I don’t know this for a fact but I’m saying maybe the WWE didn’t want to release them because I want to keep them [and get] their money’s worth out of them.”

It is not clear exactly what Mike and Maria had reportedly ‘misled’ the company on. Maria had announced that she was pregnant soon after reportedly re-signing. Although we cannot confirm if that is exactly what Bully Ray is referring to.

Ray also commented on the situation with Luke Harper and Sin Cara. Saying “as far as Luke Harper and Sin Cara are concerned I’m happy that they will be released. Because they just didn’t want to be there anymore. And if you don’t want to be there anymore and the company’s not doing anything with you anyway get the hell out of there.”