PDA

View Full Version : Dakota Kai Talks About Her Heel Turn, NXT vs. AEW

Kemo
12-13-2019, 03:35 AM
Last month at NXT Takeover: War Games, Dakota Kai turned on her team and assaulted Tegan Nox in the process. According to recent comments she made to Sports Illustrated, Kai reveals was nervous about the turn but saw her return from injury as an opportunity.

“In order to stand out, I took my own opportunity,” she said. “A lot of people here may wait for the opportunity, but when I came back from injury, I knew I had to do something in order to stand out.”

“We’re so proud of all the women here. There is a lot of new talent coming in, and they have big goals, too, especially once they get onto NXT, which is now a part of the main roster. Basically I just created my own opportunity and I think it’s worked.”

Dakota Kai continued to say she was nervous but recognized the opportunity in front of her.

“I was nervous, but there was almost a clarity behind it. In the back of my mind, I knew this was my moment to finally make an impact and finally show everyone what they hadn’t seen before. My mind was very clear going into it.”

Dakota was also asked about the ratings “war” between NXT and AEW. She said she doesn’t pay too close attention to the ratings.

“Whatever the ratings are, we really don’t pay much attention to it,” she said. “The chips will fall wherever and whatever happens, happens. The strength we have is focusing on our own stuff. They focus on their own stuff, we focus on our own stuff.”

Like many others have said, she emphasized that competition is good for wrestling.

“At the end of the day, we just want to elevate wrestling for everyone. So it’s good for everyone to have that competition. It only elevates everyone, and we’re going to keep bringing the best professional wrestling we have to offer.”

6hcL6ViGxJQ