PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Cormier Reveals Recent Contact with WWE

Kemo
12-15-2019, 10:30 PM
UFC fighter and lifelong WWE fan Daniel Cormier recently sat down with BT Sport. The former UFC Heavyweight Champion discussed WWE during the interview, including the recent Cain Velasquez vs Brock Lesnar match that took place at Crown Jewel in October. BT Sport will be taking WWE programming over from Sky Sports in the UK starting in 2020.

“I’ve talked with the WWE on a number of occasions, they want to work together,” Cormier claimed. “I almost came to the press conference for Brock [Lesnar] vs. Cain [Velasquez] to play the role of a fight builder. Unfortunately, my scheduling didn’t work.” Lesnar defeated Velasquez in quick fashion at the Crown Jewel event. Velasquez has not been featured on WWE television since the bout.

Daniel Cormier also revealed that he had been offered a deal to work with FOX. This would be for WWE Backstage. “I got an offer to work that new show, WWE Backstage. Obviously, it didn’t work with the new relationship with [the UFC and] ESPN. But we are constantly trying to get me involved in the product. As a big time fan of the WWE, nothing makes me happier. I’ve got some great opportunities, man. I’m lucky. I’ve got some things outside of the octagon that’s gonna carry me for a long time.”

Brock Lesnar’s ‘advocate’ Paul Heyman saw the video and responded via Twitter, seemingly coaxing Daniel Cormier to jump to WWE and get in the ring with Lesnar. “It’s easy to garner publicity calling out the top box office attraction. @dc_mma can’t hang w/
@BrockLesnar in the #Brocktagon nor a @WWE ring, and he can’t hang with me on the mic. MAYBE he could TRY to hang with Brock on the mic and me in the ring … MAYBE!!!”