PDA

View Full Version : Stephanie McMahon Says She Wants CM Punk & AJ Lee Back In WWE

Kemo
12-18-2019, 08:46 PM
Stephanie McMahon recently took part in an interview with Metro and expressed that she would love to see CM Punk and AJ Lee back in WWE someday. McMahon did note that Punk has been adamantly against an in-ring return but she hasn’t lost hope that we could see him back in a WWE ring someday.

“I personally enjoy watching both of them perform,” Stephanie said to Metro. “I think Punk’s been pretty vocal that he’s not interested in an in-ring return right now, but for sure, that would be interesting.”

“And I would love to see AJ Lee back in the women’s division,” she continued.

McMahon continued to talk about AJ Lee during the interview.

“I think AJ Lee was an incredibly compelling character,” McMahon said. “Some of our most interesting and intriguing storylines were with AJ, and I think she deserves as much credit as every other woman on our roster.”

“Nobody should be overlooked, and that’s not the goal to overlook anybody’s name. Every single person is a huge reason for why this happened.”

“You know, I’m a big fan of AJ Lee’s, I really am,” Stephanie continued.

Here’s a Twitter interaction between the two from 2015:

@StephMcMahon Your female wrestlers have record selling merchandise & have starred in the highest rated segment of the show several times,

— AJ (@TheAJMendez) February 25, 2015

Thank you @WWEAJLee, I appreciate your opinion. #UseYourVoice

— Stephanie McMahon (@StephMcMahon) February 25, 2015