PDA

View Full Version : Bayley Discusses Her Real Frustration In WWE

Kemo
12-19-2019, 11:07 PM
Bayley has discussed her need to constantly evolve in the business, which ultimately led to her recent heel turn on WWE television.

The WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion did so while speaking with The New York Post for a new interview.

“I need to be able to do everything and test the waters everywhere and ride the waves and challenge myself,” she said. “I can’t get stale and bored and do the same thing over and over. In order to excel in this business, you have to constantly evolve.”

Bayley also brought up how projecting her character’s disgust and anger makes her feel as exhausting as being a happy babyface on television. She also brought up how she had real frustration after being in WWE for almost a decade.

“I think honestly it’s real frustration. I’ve been wrestling for over 10 years. I’ve been with WWE for seven years, so not all of it has been colorful and castle-like and wacky wavy inflatable tube man and happy and fun.”

Bayley added that it’s been a struggle for her and it’s really difficult to kind of stay on top for a period of time. Thus, she thinks it’s pretty easy to find frustration.

WWE’s next plans for Bayley on television is still up in the air after the company decided to nix her most recent feud.

Original plans called for Bayley to defend the SmackDown Women’s Title against Lacey Evans at the TLC pay-per-view event. That match didn’t happen. It was reported at the time that there are no plans for the match to happen at the Royal Rumble either.