PDA

View Full Version : Update On Ric Flair’s WWE Contract & Pending Free Agency

Kemo
12-20-2019, 06:47 PM
Ric Flair’s contract with WWE is reportedly set to expire in the coming days. According to a recent report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Flair’s WWE deal expires around the end of the year.

“Flair’s WWE deal expires right around the end of the year,” wrote Dave Meltzer. “He is friends with Tony Khan, to the degree that Khan was an invited guest to his wedding.”

The 70-year-old Flair has been with WWE since he left TNA Wrestling in 2012.

“I would expect WWE to make a good offer to keep him given they wouldn’t want him on the AEW television show,” Meltzer continued.

Back in September, Flair went public stating WWE needed to pay him to use “the Man” in reference to Becky Lynch’s character. He spoke to TMZ about the situation.

“I’m glad I’m having this opportunity to clear the air,” Flair says in the video. “When I first saw this go down in August of 2018, I thought ‘cool, the Man’ my gimmick versus my daughter, Charlotte. Ok, they started right after SummerSlam, I thought ‘cool’. I said ‘I’m going to make some money, it’s my trademark, they have it to use.’”

“I got my royalty statement, I sent them a text and their lawyer, who just has no respect for me whatsoever which is something I’m not going to deal with much longer, he said ‘you’re wrong, not even close,’” Flair continued.