PDA

View Full Version : WWE Hall of Famer Calls Rhea Ripley “The Next Rock or John Cena”

Kemo
12-22-2019, 01:26 AM
WWE Hall of Famer Mark Henry recently made some interesting comments on the Busted Open Radio show. The part time co-host of the Sirius XM broadcast was discussing NXT Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley with permanent host Dave LaGreca.

Henry started by describing how impressive it was that Ripley has achieved this much at her age, with the Superstar being only 23 years old. “At twenty three years old I was I was still [power] lifting. I hadn’t even got into wrestling yet. Yet she’s [Rhea] already been in it, been there, done that…at twenty three years old. What will she do in the next fifteen twenty years? I’m gonna tell you, she’s going to transcend wrestling.”

Henry then elaborated on the “transcend” comment, saying “she’ll be the next Rock. She will be the next John Cena, she will be able to be the next Batista. She should be able to go outside of wrestling and make a living because she’ll be a big mainstream star.”

Rhea Ripley defeated Shayna Baszler this past Wednesday to become the new NXT Women’s Champion. This ended Baszler’s long and dominating reign on top of the NXT Women’s division. Head of NXT Triple H took to Twitter following Wednesday’s broadcast and had huge praise for the new champion. “An incredible main event and a new champion. One of the most dominant reigns over the @WWENXT Women’s division comes to end and another begins. @RheaRipley_WWE will be the one to lead #WWENXT into the new year… Congratulations. #AndNew.”