PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Lawler Talks Online ‘Hate’ For Lana/Rusev Storyline

Kemo
12-23-2019, 05:49 PM
WWE legend and current RAW commentator Jerry ‘The King’ Lawler recently made comments regarding the Lana/Rusev and Bobby Lashley storyline on his PodcastOne show. Specifically, ‘The King’ discussed how fans online appear to ‘hate’ the weekly ‘soap’ style segments that are being produced, yet the crowds in the buildings are apparently more receptive to the angle.

Lawler was discussing the taped show that will be airing next Monday for Christmas week, saying; “I can’t do a spoiler but something happens with Lana, Lashley and Rusev on that show,” Lawler began. “There’s gonna be a big deal, and it’s going to make the show after Christmas the biggest deal ever. You just gotta watch what happens on the Christmas show. It’s going to set up the show after Christmas. It is going to be really awesome.”

Jerry Lawler and his co-host then talked about the controversy that the storyline has garnered and the vitriol towards it online. “We talked about this, it is so funny [in] the live arena in Des Moines there and also at Minneapolis at the PPV; The response from the crowd is great to the Lana, Lashley and Rusev storyline. But online on Twitter and everything people seem to hate it. It gets like no respect, but the crowd at the Live Events…the people seem to love it. So I don’t get that [hate] response. I mean, I think it’s really entertaining, I really do.”

Jerry Lawler elaborated further, discussing the importance of storylines in professional wrestling. “Everybody’s not going to like everything you know. We always talked about this, how the fact is in wrestling people would get tired of just two guys or two women going out there and having a wrestling match [without a storyline]. If you put together nineteen wrestling matches on one night for fans to watch; if there’s not something about those matches to get the fans personally invested…what we call a personal issue. So if there’s not some sort of personal issue behind these matches nobody cares. If you really watch a match everybody does the same stuff you know. There’s the dives off the top rope. There’s the dive over the top rope…it’s all the same stuff every single match.”