PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bischoff Discusses If He Was Contacted for nWo HOF Induction

Kemo
12-25-2019, 05:44 PM
Former President of WCW and Executive Producer of SmackDown on FOX Eric Bischoff recently spoke to the WrestlingINC podcast. ‘Easy E’ had some interesting comments regarding his former employers (WWE) as well as the importance of the nWo stable.

“I’m not objective, but I also think it’s fair for any reasonable person to say… the NWO angle changed the wrestling industry more than anything that’s happened since the first WrestleMania,” stated Eric Bischoff. “To suggest otherwise I think is being foolish. Had there not been the nWo, there wouldn’t have been the [Monday Night] Wars and there would have not been an Attitude Era. Had not any of the above happened, I doubt WWE would have been able to become a public company.”

Eric Bischoff elaborated further, saying “who knows where the wrestling business would be had there not been the NWO? Had it not been for the NWO, we wouldn’t be seeing the success that we’re seeing across the board today. It really comes down to the Monday Night Wars as they rose the genre to its peak in terms of mainstream awareness and buy-in. Had it not been for that period of time, we wouldn’t be watching what we’re watching today.”

The former WCW President then discussed if he had been contacted regarding the nWo induction into the WWE Hall of Fame. Inductee Sean ‘X-Pac’ Waltman recently stated that he believed that both Bischoff and The Giant/Big Show should be included in the induction come WrestleMania weekend. “No. I was surprised they announced it this early as they usually announce it a little later in the year” said Bischoff. “But no, I haven’t spoken to anybody. I didn’t even know it until I read it online the next day,” revealed Bischoff.