PDA

View Full Version : Kofi Kingston Speaks On Getting Removed From WWE Title Scene

Kemo
12-26-2019, 11:53 PM
While 2019 was probably the best year Kofi had for his career – with reaching the top of the WWE to becoming WWE Champion at WrestleMania – the ending was not as great as fans expected it to be.

During SmackDown’s first episode on Fox, Kingston lost his WWE Championship in just a few seconds to Brock Lesnar in a squash match.

Kingston spoke to Yahoo! Sports recently and touched on this topic, and stated that he appreciates the passion and support for him from fans. Kofi believes that sometimes, you just have to make the best of what you’re given and be happy with it.

“I appreciate the passion [from the fans], I do. There are people who have careers that span years and they never have this kind of following, so I’m really fortunate to have that.

“It’s their right to be angry if they want to be angry, but it’s my job to keep moving forward. There’s a whole lot of stuff we don’t have control over, but we work with what we’re given, try to get a little bit more and claw your way back. It might not be a direct, linear path.”

Even though there’s a lot of things that Kofi didn’t have control over and maybe things didn’t go as he or his fans expected, he’s still thankful that he worked hard and achieved his dreams.

“It’s been an amazing year. You never know what kind of career you’re going to have, you just kind of keep aspiring to be at the top of the mountain.

“You work as hard as you can, knowing there’s not a lot of stuff you have control over, but sometimes the cards fall just right and fate pushes you into this position,” Kofi said.

While Kofi reached a career milestone in 2019, there’s still a lot he could achieve with the coming new year and decade. It will be interesting to see how Kofi’s career pans out from this point onward.