PDA

View Full Version : Bayley Says Her Heel Turn Was Much-Needed

Kemo
12-26-2019, 11:54 PM
WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion Bayley recently did an interview with The Detroit News and discussed her recent change in character where she would ditch her happy and cheerful persona and turn heel for the first time in her career.

One of the most memorable moments from this was Bayley cutting off her signature ponytail, which she revealed was actually done backstage with the help of a “very trusted stylist” that day at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

“It felt great,” Bayley said of the cut. “I knew what I wanted to do and I knew what I needed to do. But the actual snip of the ponytail, I was a little in shock. My hair was the longest I’ve ever had it, and I’ve had that freakin’ ponytail for seven years. The last time my hair was this short, I was 10 years old.”

Bayley said that playing the babyface character for so long was tiring and she didn’t even know what she was fighting for anymore. She described the heel turn as a “much-needed” change, not only for her character but also for herself personally.

“Character-wise and personally, mostly personally, it was much needed,” she said. “I really go off my emotions or what I’m passionate about at the time, and there came a point where I was like, ‘I don’t even know what I’m fighting for anymore.’ That’s when it hit me, and I was like, something needs to change. And that was it.”

Bayley said that she’s hoping this new change in her career goes well. If it doesn’t do well for her then she believes that she would be able to make it work somehow.

“I’m just taking this leap and hoping this next chapter goes well,” Bayley said. “But I believe in myself and I trust that I won’t let myself fall too far. If this doesn’t work out as great as I’d hoped it would, I’ll find a way to make it work.”

r3kYW4iEZ4s