PDA

View Full Version : UFC Legend Wants Brock Lesnar Rematch, Potentially in Pro Wrestling

Kemo
12-27-2019, 09:15 PM
UFC legend Frank Mir recently appeared on the Chris Van Vliet podcast. The man who defeated Brock Lesnar in his UFC debut made some interesting comments regarding his own journey from the octagon to the squared circle. Somewhere that he envisions himself being in the future, potentially facing ‘The Beast Incarnate’ himself.

Frank Mir 1 – Brock Lesnar 1

During the interview CVV pointed out that Mir and Brock Lesnar are 1-1 in their MMA ‘feud’. Lesnar took the loss in his aforementioned UFC debut by submission. Brock Lesnar would then revenge this loss by TKO against Mir later in his MMA career. Van Vliet asked Frank Mir if he felt he could have a deciding fight against the current WWE Champion. “Right now he [Lesnar] is retired in MMA so I don’t know if I’m going to be able to get that. I think it only makes sense that the two of us fight again. I made him tap the first time, he finished me with strikes the second time. Both the fights I think were exciting for people to watch. I’m sure it bothers him every time people talk to him about me. I made him tap, I made him scream uncle. He sat there and slapped my leg asking the referee to save him from disfigurement.”

Mir elaborated further, saying “he [Brock Lesnar] has to sleep with that. Same thing with me, he kicked my ass in one of the fights, I didn’t know where I was. Why wouldn’t he wanna go there and finish it off one last time?”
“PLEASE tell me no-one else thinks this guy is ‘just’ a pro wrestler!?”

Frank Mir also talked about how he was pressured before their first fight. “I was backstage getting ready for the fight. One of the fighters on that card, I can’t remember his name, this kid comes up to me and says ‘hey man, you gotta do this. It’s MMA versus Pro Wrestling.’ I looked around and I was like ‘oh, you think he’s a pro wrestler? PLEASE tell me no-one else thinks this guy is ‘just’ a pro wrestler!?’ The dude’s a National Champion wrestler, like legitimately. So then that actually put a lot of pressure on me, cause I’m sitting there going ‘people are going to think that he’s just a pro wrestler? NO!’ Give me anybody else, most of the pro wrestlers don’t have a background in combat. I think that’s why wrestling looks the way it looks, they don’t really know what an armbar is.”

You can check out the full interview here:

Q9pZaKWLJh4