PDA

View Full Version : Arn Anderson Talks Tully Blanchard’s Failed Drug Test In 1989

Kemo
01-01-2020, 09:16 PM
Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard were known as the Brain Busters during their run in WWE from 1988-89. The duo defeated Demolition to win the tag team championships in the summer of 1989 but would drop them back to former champs that October. Blanchard was gone from WWE the following month and it would later be revealed he failed a drug test shortly before this and was taken off the road. Anderson was back in WCW that December.

Arn recently discussed Blanchard’s failed drug test on an episode of the Arn Show.

“First thing that happened they wanted to get the belts off of us,” Anderson said. “So, we dropped them back to Demolition, made sure that was done very business-like, which I enjoyed working with those guys, no problem there.”

The Brain Busters dropped the titles back to Demolition that October. Anderson then expressed some skepticism regarding Blanchard’s failed drug test.

“The actual drug test that they claim Tully failed was like two drug tests ago, it wasn’t the last one that he had taken, does that make sense? So if you go back and say ‘ok, well if he failed that one why did they let him work up until the point where he took another supposed drug test that he failed?”

Arn Anderson was on the Survivor Series PPV but Blanchard had been sent home by then. Anderson was gone from WWE shortly after as well and returned to WCW that December.

“I think (Tully) had like, of the 3 months about half that time was left still. So they sent Tully home, they put Haku in his place and we continued to work the bookings which was with Demolition mostly.”

Both Tully and Arn are now managers in AEW. Blanchard has been managing Shawn Spears and Anderson was recently announced as Cody Rhodes’ new manager/head coach.

“So Tully just went home early and said ok I’m fine with that,” Arn continued.

0f25drOFUS8