PDA

View Full Version : Andrade On Becoming The “New Face” For Latinos In WWE

Kemo
01-07-2020, 08:58 PM
The current WWE United States Champion, Andrade, has declared his intentions to become the “new face” for Latinos in the company. Speaking with The New York Post, Andrade addressed his ambitions and his commitment to learning English. He also broached whether he wants to be involved in a storyline with his fiancee, Charlotte Flair.

“Always Rey Mysterio was the face of Latinos [and] in the past Eddie Guerrero,” Andrade said. “Now is my moment to be the face of the Latinos in WWE. It looks strong to win the title, no? I’m more strong with more opportunities and focused on the next title. This is why I’m preparing and I’m working hard, so maybe in one year no more Rey Mysterio. I’m the new face and my legacy starts.”

Regarding his goals to further learning English, Andrade revealed how he practices whenever he can. The champion shared how he and Charlotte Flair will work on his language skills on “every drive, on the side, when we’re home” in his efforts to get better.

“I am trying to practice for the future [for] great promos in English and a little Spanish, you know the promos before with Rey Mysterio and, in the past, Eddie Guerrero,” Andrade divulged.

With Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch having recently been involved in an on-air WWE storyline, fans may wonder whether the same could happen for Andrade and Charlotte Flair. When asked, Andrade was coy with his response, replying “Maybe in the future, but now she’s focused on her work. I’m focused on my work. Now Zelina’s in my corner. Maybe in the future, but not for now.”

He shared how he would love to have feuds with notable WWE Superstars. Andrade named Triple H and Roman Reigns as top-level Superstars he’d love to wrestle. His goal, however, remains unchanged: to become WWE’s next big Latino star.

Although respectful of his connection to those who have come before him, Andrade stressed that he is not the same as Eddie Guerrero or Rey Mysterio and that he is “working for my legacy.”