PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Nash Confirms In-Ring Retirement

Kemo
01-07-2020, 09:02 PM
Kevin Nash has officially confirmed that he is retired from in-ring competition. The former WWE Superstar revealed the news in a Twitter exchange with a fan.

One of the pictures shows Nash holding a microphone looking towards his nWo and Outsiders partner Scott Hall. A fan asked Nash who he wrestled at the event. The 60-year-old legend replied, “Father Time. I’m retired”

Nash followed up with a tweet questioning how anybody could assume he is still actively wrestling.

How after wrestling once in 2 years as a favor is it news I'm retired? I had a knee replacement and stem cell therapy to heal my wounds. Now I'm in the best physical shape as far as function than I've been since 1986 when I destroyed my right knee. I worked 29 years on one leg.

— Kevin Nash (@RealKevinNash) January 6, 2020

Debuting in WCW in the early ’90s, Nash managed to assert himself a main event talent during his time in the then-WWF as Diesel. After leaving WWF to return to WCW, Nash and Hall would eventually side with Hulk Hogan. The three formed the New World Order, creating one of pro wrestling’s most popular counterculture groups.

He held several championships throughout his extensive career, including the WWE, Intercontinental and Tag Team Championships. He is also a 9-time WCW World Tag Team Champion and a 5-time WCW Champion.
2-Time WWE Hall Of Famer

It was recently announced that Kevin Nash would be joining his fellow nWo members Hall, Hogan and Sean “X-Pac” Waltman for this year’s WWE Hall of Fame. They join Dave “The Animal” Batista as the first names announced for the award, which takes place during WrestleMania week. This marks the second time Kevin Nash will have been inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Hogan commented on the induction announcement, writing on Twitter:

“Very grateful that the four original nWo members HollyWood, Big Kev,X and Scott are getting inducted to the WWE HOF. We are not coming back to take over and change the business again,we are just coming back to celebrate our run ,get inducted and party NWO style at Wrestlemania.HH”