PDA

View Full Version : Bully Ray Details Why CM Punk Should Return At Royal Rumble

Kemo
01-08-2020, 06:23 PM
This past Monday on RAW, Paul Heyman announced that his client, Brock Lesnar, would be participating in January’s Royal Rumble. Not only that, but he would be the Rumble’s first entrant. In the wake of the news, former WWE Superstar Bully Ray stressed the potential importance of the number thirty entrant. He has previously speculated over the narrative impact this person could have. Now, Bully Ray has broached the impact WWE could generate if it were a person from Heyman’s past: CM Punk.

“I think that if there’s hope that surrounds any one wrestler more than anybody else, it’s him,” Bully Ray said. “[…] even though he keeps pro wrestling at more than an arm’s length, I think that fans everywhere hope to see him back.”

He continued, “And the only reason I’m suggesting CM Punk is not for the shock value of him being the surprise entrant. It’s for the story that it could present for Brock. Check this out: Brock is standing by himself, end of the match. He ran the gamut, everybody’s out, who the hell is going to be number thirty? Punk’s music hits. The place is going to go absolutely bats—t crazy.”

Bully Ray added to his theory, heightening the drama of his proposed idea. He suggested how “Punk enters the ring, Punk and Brock Lesnar are face-to-face. That hard camera shot shows you them face-to-face, and splitting right in the middle is the look of horror, Paul Heyman looking like Kevin from Home Alone with that look of horror on his face.”

Bully Ray concluded by stressing the idea of a WrestleMania main event matchup between a returning CM Punk against Brock Lesnar. He highlighted how invested fans would be in such a confrontation, and that the interest would be big business for WWE.