PDA

View Full Version : The Miz On What Motivates Him, Who He Thinks Is Top Talent

Kemo
01-08-2020, 06:24 PM
WWE Superstar The Miz was a guest on this week’s episode of FS1’s WWE Backstage. He joined hosts Renee Young, Christian, Paige and WWE Hall of Famer Booker T. During the interview, Miz spoke about his continuous drive to be at the top of WWE. He also mentioned who he believes could be a top talent for the company.

The Miz noted how he was not heavily featured in a string of recent SmackDown commercials. He explained how things like this fire him up to want to do better and work even harder: “I know I’m not the most talented guy,” Miz said. “I know I’m not, but I guarantee I will work harder than the most talented guy and my talents will shine through my hard work.”

He then reflected on what motivates him as a WWE Superstar. Miz admitted his ambition remains to be the “face” of WWE and compete for WWE’s “major” championships.

“What motivates me? What doesn’t motivate me? I think as a WWE Superstar, you’re always wanting to be the best. Whenever I see any type of NFL promotion of WWE SmackDown and I’m not the face, and I see Roman there…Granted, I love Roman Reigns, I think he does a tremendous job, but I want to be the face of WWE. Whether it’s SmackDown, whether it’s RAW, I want to be that guy.”

He continued, “I want to hold the major championships: the WWE Championship, the Universal Championship. There’s just something that thrives in me, and I think there’s a certain mentality that people have—that you need to have—in order to do that.”

When the conversation turned to who could become a solid main event player, Miz was succinct with his response, naming the recently returned Elias as his one to watch. He also shared that he enjoys watching fellow SmackDown Superstars Otis and Mandy Rose, claiming that his segments are his favorite thing on WWE TV at this point in time.

Miz also cut a promo during his time on WWE Backstage where he apparently took a jab at CM Punk. It didn’t take long for Punk to respond.