PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles Recalls Wanting To Prove He Belonged In WWE

Kemo
01-10-2020, 03:01 AM
Prior to his debut during the 2016 Royal Rumble, Superstar AJ Styles had made a name for himself worldwide, tearing up the competition in TNA, Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro-Wrestling. Despite his international acclaim, however, Styles still came into WWE with a need to prove himself.

Speaking recently with Busted Open Radio, Styles looked back on his accomplishments from the past decade. He noted how, given his journey, if he had ended his career in WWE, “that is pretty darn good.” Regardless, he couldn’t deny there was a drive to prove he belonged in WWE.

“It always feels good but even though we’re talking about 2013-2014 going in there with a chip on your shoulder trying to put on great matches, it never really stops,” Styles confessed. “I had to do the same thing once I got into WWE. I had to show people that I belonged here and went in there with a chip on my shoulder and get after it. You then still have matches where you say, ‘Okay, they put me in a position where you don’t know if they think it’s going to be a good match but we’re going to show them’, stuff like that."

He continued, “There is always moments of showing people that you either still have it or you can still do it, or it doesn’t matter who you are in the ring with you can still go after it.”

AJ Styles recently announced that he will be one of the participants in WWE’s upcoming 30-Man Royal Rumble match. He is currently feuding with “The Viper” Randy Orton.