PDA

View Full Version : UFC Reportedly Offered Kurt Angle Deals on Two Separate Occasions

Kemo
01-10-2020, 03:06 AM
WWE Hall of Famer and Olympic Fold Medallist Kurt Angle recently appeared on the Chris Van Vliet YouTube channel for a long form interview. The former WWE Superstar discussed a variety of topics on the show, one notable being that UFC actually offered him deals on two separate occasions.

“I don’t think I could’ve done it, I think if I went before the broken neck I would’ve said ‘hell yeah’" Angle began. “I would’ve had a great run, I probably would’ve won the World Title (laughs) you never know! It was more appetizing to me than pro wrestling.”

Kurt Angle then revealed that he never truly felt as though he could compete in Mixed Martial Arts, at least at the level of a UFC. “I knew in the back of my mind that I couldn’t do it. Dana White gave me a great offer, he’s been really good to me. I’ve reached out to him a couple of different times and he was willing to talk to me. He gave me two separate deals two separate times and I backed out. I just knew that I couldn’t do it, I knew that if I did do it I probably would’ve embarrassed myself. I decided just to wrestle. Dana wanted me to quit pro wrestling. I said that ‘I’ve just signed with TNA (in 2006) and he said ‘well you’ll have to quit that too.’ I said that I can’t quit because I’ve just signed with them.”

Kurt Angle also revealed which weight class he would’ve competed in. “I would’ve been a light-heavyweight (205 pounds), but I would’ve fought in the heavyweight division too. I’ve always paired well against bigger guys. I knew that if I had done it after the Olympics then I probably wouldn’t have been in pro wrestling.”