PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Talks Moving On As WWE Regular, Hints At WrestleMania Appearance

Kemo
01-10-2020, 03:07 AM
John Cena was on Jimmy Kimmel Live this week where he made some interesting comments while he talked about his status with WWE.

Right out of the gate, Cena was asked about his status with WWE, which is where Cena noted, “I’m officially moved, I’m not a regular player.”

Cena talked about how WWE is still in his heart and he’s still a part of the family as he keeps in touch with a lot of folks but he wants to be a mentor and help others.

The former WWE Champion brought up being 42-years-old and being proud of the effort that he’s put forth.

“I just want to make sure that I’m never in a position where paying customers like yourself look at the effort and go, ‘Eh, he’s just sticking around because he’s greedy.’”

Cena was asked if he calls WWE to pitch ideas to him or if he calls them, which he noted that he always likes for WWE to give him ideas and he makes it his own. This is where Cena brought up WrestleMania 36 in April.

“I know that we have a small, large event called WrestleMania around the corner, just so happens to be in Tampa, that’s kind of where I live, so I’ll be in the neighborhood, so if Suicide Squad should be done, but it’s not like I call someone up and be like, ‘I want to be in WrestleMania.’ Those spots are very coveted.”

Cena continued by noting how there are performers that work all year to earn those spots. Make no mistake about it, he would love to earn one of those spots.

“The way you do that is by Vince McMahon, the head of creative, calling you up and going, ‘Hey pal, I’d like you to do this.’ And then I say, ‘Yes sir,’ and then I put my own spin on it.”

Cena ended by noting that McMahon is more than a boss to him but rather a friend, father figure, mentor, and trusted resource. He does still think of him as his boss.

He hasn’t wrestled at the biggest event of the year for the company since 2018 where he lost to The Undertaker in a quick match.