PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Comments On Bret Hart’s WWE Return In 2010

Kemo
01-10-2020, 05:18 PM
After having been gone from the organization for over 12 years at this point, Bret Hart returned to WWE in early 2010. Hart had previously been inducted into the company’s Hall of Fame in 2005 but made his official return to the company on the January 4th, 2010 edition of RAW. It was the same edition of RAW that TNA Wrestling first went head-to-head with during a short-lived attempt at bringing back the Monday Night Wars.

Jim Ross spoke about Hart’s return to the company in 2010 on a recent episode of his podcast with Conrad Thompson.

“I was happy. Anytime you can spend quality time with Bret Hart, you are better off for it,” Jim Ross said on the show.

“I’m shocked that somebody isn’t using Bret to help coach, teach, motivate young talents,” he continued. “He’s brilliant, brilliant mind. Great worker, one of the best I ever saw in my entire life.”

Thompson asked Ross if TNA’s move to Monday nights played a role in when Hart made his return.

“It might have had something to do with it,” Ross said. He’d then talk about what it meant to have Hart back in the company.

“Getting Bret back in our brand is where the money was,” Ross stressed. “Battling TNA was like they had knives and we had guns and they were never going to win.”

“It could have had an influence. Did it? probably not,” Ross continued regarding if TNA’s move to Monday nights influenced the decision to bring Bret back.

“Bret was such a part of the fabric of the company and it seemed like it righted a lot of wrongs for him to get his jersey back.”