PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Owens Asks WWE To Explain “Fist Fight” Match Rules To Him

Kemo
01-11-2020, 08:28 PM
As previously reported, this past week on WWE Raw, we saw Kevin Owens – who has been feuding with Seth Rollins for a while now – being joined by WWE Legend the Big Show.

Big Show was revealed to be the surprise partner of Kevin Owens and Samoa Joe for their six-man tag team match against Seth Rollins and The Authors of Pain on Raw in Oklahoma City.

WWE then announced that Kevin Owens, along with Big Show and Samoa Joe would go against Rollins and The Authors of Pain in a “Fist Fight” match on next week’s WWE Raw.

The “Fist Fight” match is unheard of in WWE, and fans were confused on what the stipulations and rules are behind this type of match. Not only fans, but it seems like even one of the participants in the said match, Kevin Owens himself is not sure what the whole Fist Fight thing is all about.

He posted a tweet asking WWE to let him know the rules of the match. Owens also added that he tried speaking to Vince McMahon regarding the match but he was put on hold for over five hours.

Hello, @WWE.

Can someone tell me what the rules to a Fist Fight are? If I punch through Seth’s face, do we win?

I called Vince this week to ask him and he put me on hold for 5 hours and 18 minutes before the call mysteriously dropped

Anyway, lme know.

Thanks!

— Kevin (@FightOwensFight) January 11, 2020

WWE Now made a video on the “first-ever Fist Fight in WWE history”, but they never explained any rules behind it. Ryan Pappolla just talks about the intrigue behind the match and never really touches on what to expect from the fight.

WWE announced the match on their website after Raw, and it reads:

“We’ve already seen what happens when Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe & Big Show battle Seth Rollins & AOP in a match: utter and complete chaos. So might as well make it official for next week. As revealed at the end of Raw, the two trios will go head-to-head in what’s being billed not as a bout but as the first-ever “fistfight” in WWE history. The circumstances are fitting since these are some of the Superstars most likely to take the figurative gloves off in a match anyway. Might as well make it official.”