PDA

View Full Version : Bully Ray Talks Royal Rumble Match – “MAKE Keith Lee, by having him go face to face with Brock Lesnar.”

Kemo
01-11-2020, 08:32 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Bully Ray had some interesting points relating to the upcoming Royal Rumble event. It’s been made official that NXT competitors will be part of the match this year. Although NXT talents have appeared in the past this makes the brand stand head to head with both RAW and SmackDown. With this in mind Bully made a point on Busted Open Radio that WWE could easily ‘make’ a new megastar in the match, namely NXT’s Keith Lee.

“We talk about WrestleMania moments, how about a Royal Rumble moment?” Bully began. “Lets MAKE Keith Lee, by having him go face to face with Brock Lesnar. That’s how you help a guy to get over. I’m talking about a moment in time. Keith Lee and Brock Lesnar face to face. The moment those two start staring at each other dead in the eyes? That place will come unglued. But [then] I wouldn’t put it past WWE to do something different.”

Bully also then made the point that he believes there is a bigger main event for WrestleMania this year. “If I was them [WWE], I don’t think we can get a bigger main event than Brock and CM Punk. But there are other scenarios that I have that don’t include Punk. Since Brock is great at ‘making’ guys, If the WWE by chance wanted to call Keith Lee up, although I don’t think its the right time. I don’t put it past Brock to give Keith Lee the same moment that the Undertaker gave Maven years ago.”

Ray’s co-host Dave LeGreca then posed the idea of keeping Keith Lee on NXT even if he wins the Royal Rumble match itself. “I think that you could. But then I don’t know what the build would be” Bully claimed. “These are just ideas that pop into my head, if you gave me five minutes I could make a story. Theres no reason why you can’t keep Keith Lee on NXT and keep the storyline with Brock concurrent. But, does Keith Lee eliminate Brock in the middle of the match? Or does Keith Lee actually WIN the Royal Rumble? How different would that be? How shocking would that be? And how much credibility does that give NXT?”

It was also discussed on the show if an NXT performer wins the Rumble match could they challenge for the NXT title in the WrestleMania main event? Bully Ray stated that just could not happen. “You CAN’T have someone like Keith Lee win the Royal Rumble and say ‘nah, I don’t want a shot at the Universal Championship. Nah, I don’t want a shot at the WWE Championship at WrestleMania.’ I want a shot at the NXT Championship.’ That takes all of the shine and all of the focus off of the two biggest Championships in WWE. I don’t think Vince would ever let that fly.”