PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bischoff & Bully Ray Debate WCW & ECW Influence On The Attitude Era

Kemo
04-26-2020, 04:19 AM
Eric Bischoff recently responded to a fan on Twitter who asked why he does not like the term “Attitude Era.” According to Bischoff’s response, WWE’s Attitude Era was influenced by WCW Nitro and the product that the company he was President of was presenting at the time.

“Because the Attitude Era was nothing more than a derivative (I’m being elegant) of the nWo and Nitro era which forced WWE to abandon their previous creative strategy and presentation to compete with a new formula,” Bischoff Tweeted.

Bully Ray then noted on Twitter that ECW influenced both WCW and WWE at the time. The ECW alumni posted the following to Twitter in response to Bischoff’s comments:

And, the nWo, Nitro and Attitude Era were nothing more than a derivative of the ECW era.

ECW was the Napster of the wrestling business.

Both co’s may have gone out of business…but both co’s revolutionized their respective industries.

Fans still chant ECW. Not WCW or WWE

— Bully Ray (@bullyray5150) April 25, 2020

Bully also responded to a user on Twitter who felt ECW could have been improved if they’d had a drug policy…

I think you’re on drugs. This is a ridiculous tweet. Delete your account.

— Bully Ray (@bullyray5150) April 25, 2020

Bischoff also recently commented on what he feels AEW needs to do more of on an episode of his podcast.

“I really do believe that they need more emphasis on story,” Bischoff said of the young promotion. “I know they have stories, I’m not suggesting that they don’t. Please don’t misunderstand me, that’s not what I mean. But what I do mean is, I think the storytelling? Could be vastly improved. I think the character development could really be improved. Not AS much as the storytelling, because they’ve got some great characters. But I do believe that the characters could be developed to be a little bit more unique. To be a little more different from each other. There’s a ‘sameness’ to the characters. It’s just the way I see things, in the way I interpret things.”