PDA

View Full Version : Kofi Kingston Credits Brock Lesnar For Putting Together Their Royal Rumble Moment

Kemo
05-01-2020, 10:17 PM
Kofi Kingston’s surprising loss to Brock Lesnar during the SmackDown 20th Anniversary episode infuriated a lot of people and fans were not happy with him losing the WWE title match without any offense.

However, the former WWE Champion did get a moment of retribution at Royal Rumble earlier this year when he, Rey Mysterio, and Big E teamed together to try to topple the Beast during the Battle Royal.

During a recent interview with Alex McCarthy of talkSPORT, Kingston confirmed that the angle was put together by Lesnar himself and he said that people wouldn’t have gotten up for it as much as they did if it wasn’t for his SmackDown loss:

“If Brock and I had more of a match at the debut of Smackdown on FOX, then the moment at the Rumble, people wouldn’t have gotten up as much as they did for it. It was great. It was a really big piece of a story having myself in there trying to fight.

It was a lot of great storytelling coming together.” said Kofi Kingston. “Everything is important as minuscule as it may be. It’s definitely a big part of the Rumble seeing me, Rey and E, all of us on the outside banding together and going in there doing what we did.”

The New Day member then mentioned how on the top of their moment, the whole first half of the Royal Rumble match was Brock Lesnar throwing everybody out only for Drew McIntyre to throw him out at the end.

Per Kofi, The Beast Incarnate did this to elevate the Scottish star and build his credibility as a champion for when he finally beat Brock for the WWE title at WrestleMania 36.

us-dNLKl__c