PDA

View Full Version : Heath Slater Reflects On The Nexus: “We Should Have Took Over”

Kemo
05-01-2020, 10:26 PM
Former WWE Superstar Heath Slater has reflected on his time in The Nexus. Slater recently joined SiriusXM’s Busted Open Radio where he broached the subject. He shared the moment he felt was the “beginning of the end” for the stable. Slater added how he believes they should have “taken over” at SummerSlam.

“My goodness, I wish we could have had our hands and our grip on it a little more because it died way too soon,” Heath Slater stated. “And we all know this, like, everyone knows this: I mean, SummerSlam, we should have took over. Period. We should have won.”

Reflecting on the loss, Heath Slater stressed how the Nexus shifted from “from fourth to second gear” in one night. He added how they worked hard to earn their spot in the company as a top heel group and felt their SummerSlam loss squandered a WrestleMania payoff.

“We couldn’t wait a few more months to ‘Mania, so you could have a mega-group that could surely just destroy us or whatever. But, like, it should not have ended at SummerSlam, man.”

With Heath Slater now gone from WWE, only one member of the Nexus remains with the company: David Otunga. The group burst onto the scene with a violent takeover on an episode of Monday Night RAW. Unfortunately, the group wasn’t able to maintain their momentum which shifted drastically at the hands of Team WWE at SummerSlam 2010.

Hyjs4kk-AEM