PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch On WWE Incorporating More Cinematic Matches Into Their Programming

Kemo
05-02-2020, 02:24 PM
The cinematic matches at WrestleMania this year received high praise and fans are open to seeing more such content. Now it appears that Becky Lynch is open to the concept as well, including the possibility of creating her own version of the boneyard match.

The Raw Women’s Champion recently had an interview with TVInsider to promote her cameo in Billions where she talked about things like the upcoming Money In The Bank PPV, how she landed the role and more.

Talking about the cinematic matches and the possibility of WWE producing more such content in future, Lynch said that they can keep going along the lines:

“The thing is, it’s a crazy time. You have to see what works and what doesn’t. The fact that we have the ability to make more cinematic matches, I think it’s a testament to how we can adjust and move forward.

I think we have to keep going along those lines.” said Becky Lynch. “Not necessarily every match has to be a cinematic match, but just [exploring] different ways of dialogue and how we adjust our storytelling to this new reality we’re in now.”

When asked if she can picture herself outside of a traditional match Lynch revealed that she has pitched some ideas for it “I’ve pitched plenty of things. We’ll see what happens. Sometimes your pitches go through, sometimes they don’t. We’ll see what happens.“

Glorious Maxxwell
05-03-2020, 10:42 PM
It's the future. The Brokenverse stuff popularized it and the Bray Wyatt stuff only brought more eyes and popularity to it. Showed it could be done on a main event level. It makes for more interesting content on TV. Plays to (what little) strengths the writers have. And it's way safer and way less work, physically, for the talent.