PDA

View Full Version : Nia Jax On What A Former WWE Star Told Her After Her Tryout Match

Kemo
05-02-2020, 02:25 PM
Nia Jax stands out in the WWE roster due to her size difference and the former Women’s Champion has been doing so from the first day of her WWE career.

The Irresistible Force recently appeared on WWE’s The Bump where she talked about things like her recent injury, her time away from the company and more.

Talking about her start in the promotion, Jax recalled how she stood out even in her tryouts and revealed what Joey Mercury told her after her first match:

“I will never forget my tryout, there was an obvious difference between me and the other girls. They were fitness models and bodybuilders. I walked in with no makeup, hair up in a ponytail, ready to sweat, and these girls had their hair and makeup done.

“I never thought in a million years that I would ever get this job.” said Nia Jax “I remember after my first match one of the coaches, Joey Mercury, came up to me and said, “Just so you know, you’re my first-round pick. I said, ‘What,’ and he said, ‘Your body, your size, you’re unique and you will be incredible.’ It was so cool.”

The former NXT star underwent surgery for a knee injury in April last year and she had been out of action ever since. She returned during the WrestleMania 36 follow up episode of Raw where she defeated Deonna Purrazzo in a squash match.

Apart from this, Nia Jax also talked about Simone Johnson joining WWE, what the Rock told her during her time away and more. You can check out her interview in the video below: