PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Comments On Hulk Hogan Winning The Title At WrestleMania 9

Kemo
05-04-2020, 02:45 PM
The main event of WrestleMania 9 was Yokozuna vs Bret Hart yet somehow, Hulk Hogan ended up the winner. Jim Ross recently addressed arguably the most confusing WrestleMania main of all time on an episode of his “Grillin JR” podcast.

“I knew that the plans were for Hogan to leave the show as the champion,” JR said on the podcast. “But he wasn’t even in a match. So, to tell you I knew what was going to happen would be a lie. I didn’t know what was going to happen. I knew in general terms that by the end of the night when the sunset on WrestleMania 9 that Hogan would be leaving as the champion but I didn’t know the fortuitous route that we were going to take to get there.”

Hogan came out at the end of Hart vs Yokozuna and challenged the new champion. According to JR, Hart and Yokozuna’s match on the show was better than what was expected.

“Thanks to Bret and Yoko, they made chicken salad out of some chicksh*t,” JR said about their match. “It was a respite that we needed and I give credit to Bret Hart and Yokozuna for that. They always had amazing chemistry. I could watch them work all day long. Bret knew exactly how to work with Yoko to amplify and eventuate Yoko’s size and strength advantage.”

JR’s comments can be heard in the player below:

tHpBlzYSwhw