PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Owens Out With Ankle Injury

Kemo
05-04-2020, 02:51 PM
Kevin Owens defeated Seth Rollins at WrestleMania 36 but hasn’t been part of WWE programming since. As it turns out, Owens suffered an ankle injury during the match that has sidelined him ever since. Meanwhile, the wrestler Owens beat at WrestleMania now has a WWE Championship match against Drew McIntyre at Money in the Bank.

Owens confirmed his ankle injury during an interview with RDS. The injury occurred when he jumped off the Mania sign onto Rollins.

“It’s special that we were considered essential in the state of Florida, but maybe it’s a mentality where they think people need such distraction,” a translated quote from Owens reads.

“The great thing about WWE is that it doesn’t require us to be there if we don’t want to. That’s why in the last two weeks I have not been there because I preferred to be at home with my family,” Owens continued.

Owens doesn’t seem to be doing too bad during this time, however.

Like I said…hell yeah!!!

— Kevin (@FightOwensFight) May 2, 2020

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EW_JOTGWoAYG40R.jpg:small

WrestleMania 36 with Owens’ 4th time wrestling at the event. He was involved in a 7-way ladder match for the IC title at WM32 (won by Zack Ryder.) At WrestleMania 33, he defeated Chris Jericho for the United States title. At WM34, he teamed with Sami Zayn and lost to Shane McMahon and Daniel Bryan.