PDA

View Full Version : Matt Riddle Discusses Having WWE Backstage Heat, Vince McMahon Meeting

Kemo
05-05-2020, 09:03 PM
Matt Riddle recently spoke with Sportskeeda where he discussed reports stating that he had backstage heat with some people in WWE due to his comments on social media and in interviews.

This is where the WWE NXT Tag Team Champion admitted that he does have backstage heat.

“I’ll tell you this. Do I have heat with WWE or NXT, or the people that run the show? No. Do I have heat with some people who think I’m disrespectful at times because they don’t understand how business works? Yes. Do people take things too seriously? Yes.”

Riddle stated that he has told people in WWE that he will tweet about something that he knows might offend people. However, he lets them know that he’s doing it to put out an image.

While some people will see his trash talk as him being out of control, he understands that he’s doing a job and knows the business that he’s in. He brought up how he doesn’t have nuclear heat because he was booked in the Royal Rumble Match.

Riddle then recalled having a meeting with Vince McMahon three weeks ago before the coronavirus outbreak.

“I was in headquarters talking to him – and, yeah, we mentioned the heat I have with certain people but, at the end of the day, he signs the checks, he makes it happen for me and they’re in control, not the talent. If employer’s happy and I can make them money and make them a profit, and I’m worth my weight and I’m pulling my weight, I don’t see a problem.”

Riddle added that he does have heat with some people but most of it is high school issues as those people who have issues with him can’t take a joke or a work.

M0zGEqVePzI