PDA

View Full Version : Carmella Reflects On Women’s Money In The Bank Victory, Cashing In Her Briefcase

Kemo
05-05-2020, 09:22 PM
Former Money in the Bank winner Carmella has reflected on her historic victory during a recent appearance on WWE show The Bump. She also remembered being to finally get rid of the Money in the Bank briefcase after cashing it in.

Carmella admitted she was nervous about her win. She looked back on how she was the smallest competitor in the match and stressed how the ladders were “huge and scary.” According to her, she had “never done any big crazy moves off the ropes, let alone a ladder. I was scared, but I knew what I had to do.”

As far as she was concerned, she was committed to making history. This mindset came from the fact that her MITB match was the first-ever women’s version of the popular ladder match and that “everyone is going to remember the first ‘Miss Money In The Bank,’ and here I am.”

Carmella would go on to hold the briefcase for almost 287 days. She finally cashed in her championship opportunity against Charlotte Flair on the SmackDown following WrestleMania 34. Carmella would successfully win the SmackDown Women’s Championship. She was more than happy swapping out the briefcase for the championship.

“I was so glad to get rid of that thing [the briefcase],” Carmella joked. “The story that I told the old people that would ask me at baggage claim at airports, they’d say, ‘Oh, what is that? Are you a banker?’ I’d be like, ‘No,” and I would make things up because they would never understand the significance of the briefcase and the contract inside. I’d say, ‘There’s a contract in there,’ and they’d say, ‘A contract for what?’ [Then I would reply], ‘Nevermind, I work at Bank of America, it’s part of my uniform.’ It was ridiculous.”

She believes that holding the briefcase for so long worked in her favor. Carmella thinks that, by the time she opted to use her opportunity, fans reacted even more for the cash in. It meant more for her on a personal note, too, as her parents were in attendance for that episode of SmackDown.