PDA

View Full Version : Zack Ryder On How He Got Put Into The IC Title Match At WrestleMania 32

Kemo
05-06-2020, 07:54 PM
Zack Ryder’s Intercontinental Championship win at WrestleMania 32 was one of the highlights of his WWE career and the former champion himself admits that it was one of the top moments of his wrestling career.

However, the former WWE star was not originally expected to be part of the bout at all and he was put in the match due to the injury of the former Cruiserweight Champion Neville, now better known as Pac.

During his recent appearance on Busted Open Radio, Ryder talked about the match and said that it was the top moment of his career in the company. He then recalled the ups and downs going into the bout and revealed how he got the spot:

“Someone got injured. It was Neville, Pac, that got injured, and I went right up to Road Dogg, who was head of creative. I don’t remember exactly what I said. I think it was an out-of-body experience. I just rattled off why I think I deserve to be in that match. I think he could just feel that passion just coming out of my body.

I guess one of the things I said was, ‘I never heard my music play at Mania,'” said Zack Ryder “and later he said that was the comment that stuck with him and got him to vouch for me to get me in there.”

Zack continued by saying that just coming down the aisle and hearing his music for the first time at WrestleMania after so many years in WWE was a win for him alone and then winning the title was another incredible moment.

His father, who was sitting in the audience slid in the ring after this win and during the interview, the former WWE star revealed that this was not part of the plan and Dolph Ziggler waved his father over to get into the ring after the match.

I16MXR5UgpA