PDA

View Full Version : Ryback Talks Jinder Mahal Never Being In The ‘Inner Circle’ of WWE

Kemo
05-08-2020, 01:30 AM
Former WWE Superstar Ryback recently commented on the WWE Championship situation on his Conversation With The Big Guy podcast. The ‘Big Guy’ would praise Drew McIntyre; discussing how he went from perennial jobber for life to become one of the most promising prospects of the next decade.

Another Superstar that Ryback would comment on was Jinder Mahal. The former 3MB member of course teamed with McIntyre for a big chunk of his WWE career alongside the now released Heath Slater. Both Mahal and McIntyre have held WWE main event gold; however while the seemingly ‘shocking’ WWE Championship win of Mahal seemed to be an anomaly? McIntyre looks set to remain in the main event picture.

Ryback would discuss how Jinder Mahal is a potential opponent for McIntyre down the line, seeing as both have parallels in their career paths and their history in the 3 Man Band stable. “He [Jinder Mahal] was off TV I think for like nine or 10 months? For a pretty significant period of time” Ryback would begin. “They [WWE] just assume that everyone forgets everything.”

Ryback would then talk about how WWE fans have a good memory when it comes to the perception of talent, with Jinder having previously played a lower-card comedy character. The subsequent rise of Mahal to the WWE Championship originally was such that unlike McIntyre, fans didn’t really seem to latch on to the ‘Modern Day Maharaja’ as a main event character.

“This is one of those things, I don’t think Jinder is in the ‘circle'” Ryback would continue. “I don’t think he ever was in the ‘circle.’ I think that he served a purpose for them by putting the title on him, because of the rumours of that whole thing with India? Whatever the reason was.”

The ‘Big Guy’ would then finish by talking about how Jinder was dropped down the pecking order by WWE after he lost the WWE Title. Ryback would also claim that talents in that coveted ‘circle’ do not get demoted after they lose a title. “You see the guys that are in the circle? They will stay [in the main event] well after. Jinder didn’t, and he was relegated back to no entrance, which is the worst thing for any wrestler. When you’re getting put out there with no entrance? That sh*ts not good.”

Ryback finished by saying that he believes Jinder will get a shot at the title, but it will be a short program with McIntyre. “I think he’ll be used for a matchup for Drew. They’re [WWE] gonna make Jinder look like he was this former champion, build them up and to serve the purpose of getting a one off probably. My personal opinion? I hope it’s more for Jinder. But, just based on how they have used him throughout? He’s never, never been in the circle.”