PDA

View Full Version : Kenny Omega Wants To Be A Force To Introduce New Stars

Kemo
05-08-2020, 01:40 AM
When AEW started last year, many assumed Kenny Omega would be a staple in the main event picture. Then he lost a single’s match to Chris Jericho at last year’s Double or Nothing. Jericho moved on to defeat Hangman Page and won the inaugural AEW World Championship and Omega moved into storylines with the Young Bucks. He hasn’t been near the world title picture since.

Omega recently discussed his last year in AEW during an interview with SI.com. During the discussion, he mentioned that he currently prefers to help create new stars.

“To me, I would rather take more unknown names, guys that don’t have that big reputation yet, and show there is something special about them,” Omega said. “I want to be a force to help introduce new stars to the world and magnify the work of those around me.”

Omega also mentioned that many AEW fans might not be familiar with his work in Japan. He continued to say that he wants to become an all-round performer. This involves having matches in different styles with different opponents and teammates.

“I want to be a true, all-around, real ‘best in the world’ performer,” Omega continued. “That means singles matches, tag matches, mixed tags, battle royals, you have to be able to do it all. With AEW, I’ve been allowed the creative freedom to develop myself as more of an all-around performer.”

Fans hoping that Omega will eventually return to the world title picture should not lose hope, however. Omega continued to say that the time is nearing for him to remind everyone that he is the best in the world.

“When it’s time, which is sooner than people think, I’ll remind people why I’m the best in the world,” said Omega. “And it’s coming. It’s not a matter of if it’s going to happen, it’s just a matter of when.”

Omega is currently 1/2 of the AEW World Tag Team Champions along with Adam “Hangman” Page. The team won the titles aboard the Jericho cruise. They have since defended the belts successfully against SCU, the Lucha Bros, and the Young Bucks.

Smartmark
05-09-2020, 05:02 PM
Omega could put anyone in the world over.

He even put over a doll and a potted plant one time.