PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Brisco Believed Ryback Could’ve Ended Undertaker’s WrestleMania Streak

Kemo
05-08-2020, 09:15 PM
WWE Superstar Ryback recently made some extraordinary claims on a recent episode of the Shooting Blanks Wrestling Report podcast.

Ryback and co-host Raj Giri were discussing the recent furloughing of WWE’s Gerald Brisco. The former on-screen ‘stooge’ for Vince McMahon has been a fixture in the company for a number of years, having been one of the more prolific ‘scouts’ for the company. Brisco is credited as discovering Brock Lesnar, among others.

“He’s done so much for WWE, and for Vince [McMahon]” Ryback would begin, talking about the recently furloughed Brisco. “He’s one of those guys. But we’ve seen Vince cut ties with people that have been a part of that company from the beginning. [People who were] with him building all of this.”

Ryback would then discuss his time in FCW with Gerry’s son Wes Brisco. “I came up with Wes Brisco, his son, in developmental. Wes was always a great guy and Gerry was always so fantastic with me.”

‘The Big Guy’ would then reveal a fascinating story from his time in FCW. Gerald Brisco told the then ‘Terminator’ character that he would be a big star in WWE; and, that there was potential for Ryback to be the person to beat the then undefeated Undertaker at WrestleMania and break the historic streak.

“He [Brisco] came up to me when I was in FCW as the ‘Ryback The Terminator’ character. I’d had a match, and I was new to the system. I never got a lot of positive reinforcement from anyone, like as far as anyone from the office. He [Brisco] was still in the position there at the time [helping and building talent]. And he just said ‘you’re going to be a major star in this company.’ He even said ‘I could see you breaking the Undertaker’s streak.’ He was dead serious. I remember thinking like, ‘holy sh*t like he sees something in me.’ I’ll never forget that.”

When Ryback first hit on the main roster at WWE he was being groomed for a major push and had a lot of potential heading into his first WWE Championship match against CM Punk. The circumstances of the situation meant that Ryback would not win the title, as Punk was on the road to his 434 day reign as Champion and a match against The Rock at the Royal Rumble.

Glorious Maxxwell
05-09-2020, 01:07 AM
Oh god... I don't have an issue with Ryback, but man... We avoided the darkest timeline...