PDA

View Full Version : Heath Slater Addresses His WWE Release

Kemo
05-08-2020, 09:27 PM
Heath Slater was released from WWE along with many others last month. He had been with the promotion since 2006. From the Nexus angle to 3MB to having kids, Slater’s career in the company lasted almost 14 years. He recently spoke to Chris Van Vliet about his release from the company.

“I was there for 14 years and a pandemic had to take me out,” Slater said. “14 years is a good run. 10 years on the main roster. I have no ill words to say. It’s just one of those things, hell, they gave me everything I’ve got.”

Slater was 22 when he was signed to the company and reported to Deep South Wrestling shortly after.

“The only thing I have to say is ‘thank you,'” he continued. “But now I’m 36, I still feel like I’m active, young and I can still go out there and do some things. I just want to do things that I never was able to. I’ve never been to another federation! I’ve been in WWE the whole time.”

“It gives me a chance to spread my wings and fly like I never have,” Slater continued. “Like a new baby bird leaving the nest.”

Slater also addressed if he saw his release coming.

“I saw the writing on the wall for a couple of years,” he said. “The only reason I say that is I was never really into anything after me and Terry/Rhyno.”

nAAxkVcRQeM