PDA

View Full Version : The Undertaker On Feeling Disgusted And Disappointed With WrestleMania 33 Match

Kemo
05-09-2020, 10:26 PM
The Undertaker did an interview with ESPN where he spoke about a wide range of topics including his match with Roman Reigns at Wrestlemania 33.

This match, which took place in 2017 and served as the main event, wasn’t received well among fans. It turns out that Taker didn’t like the match either.

“I was so disgusted with it that I didn’t want to watch it back.”

Taker continued by talking about how he didn’t want to watch the following day at RAW with everyone during catering but rather wanted to wait until he was alone at home.

The reason for that was due to him wanting to look at the bad stuff in it rather than good. He wanted to pick it apart and didn’t want to hear praise from anyone because he understands that he’s older and moves around slower.

Taker understands that he has a limp and he missed some spots in the contest.

“I was so disappointed for Roman. Even after Brock Lesnar beat the streak, for guys coming up to have a match against The Undertaker at WrestleMania — especially where Roman was at — it was important for his career.

Especially because he was going over. For me, in that role, I wanted to do the very best that I could do for Roman. I think the world of him.”

Taker continued by noting how he wanted to be able to do the best he could for Reigns and knew that he didn’t have any business in the ring that night.

While he understands he could have mailed it in to protect himself, that’s not the way he works. Taker also didn’t think it was fair to Reigns to do so. He felt that he tried his best but it wasn’t his night and things went bad.