PDA

View Full Version : Vince Russo Thought Bart Gunn Could Beat Butterbean At WrestleMania 15

Kemo
05-09-2020, 10:34 PM
Vice’s Dark Side of the Ring recently covered the infamous Brawl For All tournament WWF held in 1998. Vince Russo, the creative mind behind the shoot tough man competition, is featured throughout the episode.

Russo recently went into further detail about the tournament on an episode of Konnan’s Keepin it 100 podcast. During the discussion, Russo stated his belief at the time that Bart Gunn could have defeated Butterbean at WrestleMania. He also noted that Vince McMahon shared that view.

“I got so frustrated with Bart because he still believes he was fed to the wolves and that was a punishment for Dr. Death and he’s wrong, that’s not the truth!” Russo said.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/2bf7fb455a822329f493ca77171e2ac1/tumblr_p249owLNri1u1urgoo4_500.gif

Russo would continue to say that Vince McMahon believed Bart could possibly have defeated Butterbean.

“I’m telling you he did, bro, I did too!” Russo continued. “You got to understand when I was watching those Brawl for Alls, bro, I’ve never seen guys get hit that hard in my life.”

Russo then talked about how hard Bart was hitting his opponents in the tournament.

“When I saw Bart hitting these guys, I believed without a shadow of a doubt he could beat Butterbean, there wasn’t a doubt in my mind, bro,” Russo continued.

QQKIAzmhuUs