PDA

View Full Version : The Miz Compares ‘Miz & Mrs’ To Seinfeld, Curb & The Office

Kemo
05-10-2020, 11:51 PM
WWE Superstars The Miz and Maryse appeared on this week’s episode of WWE’s The Bump. The former SmackDown Tag Team Champion Miz appeared on the WWE Network show to discuss a number of topics from his recent career, including the success of USA Network’s ‘Miz & Mrs.’

The Miz would be asked on the show how his fan reception has changed; now that the WWE Universe gets to see a different side to him thanks to the reality show format.

“Hundred percent” Miz revealed, discussing how fan reception has changed. “I think Miz and Mrs more than anything else? I think obviously being in WWE for 15 years when people thought that I was going to be out in three months, I think says a lot about my dedication, my heart and my work ethic in WWE.”

The Miz would elaborate further, talking about his past in the reality TV space. Specifically, MTV’s The Real World, which helped get Mike Mizanin get noticed by WWE.

“I think Miz and Mrs, seeing our family together? Me as a father, Maryse as a mom? It’s one of those shows that…I wasn’t sure at first if I would like doing it. I mean, I loved doing The Real World, but that was when I was in my 20s. Now I’m a grown man, and I have a family.”

Miz would then go into the format of the show, and how it caters to a wider audience. “Once we set out to do the show, we didn’t hold anything back. And it’s a show that you can watch with your entire family and literally just sit back, escape your reality, whatever is going on in your life, and just enter ours and laugh.”

In terms of holding nothing back, Miz would then claim that he looks at the show in the same vein as some sitcom greats. “Because that’s what it is, it’s an absolute comedy, it’s a sitcom. We kind of look at it as Curb Your Enthusiasm meets The Office, meets Seinfeld, meets The Real World. It combined all those together and that’s kind of what you get.”

3Z_I7ysCj-U