PDA

View Full Version : Otis Talks About Being Bullied, Not Having Body Insecurities

Kemo
05-12-2020, 07:14 PM
Money In The Bank winner Otis joined Lilian Garcia on a recent episode of her podcast Chasing Glory. During their conversation, Otis opened up about being bullied and dealing with dyslexia while growing up.

When Garcia asked if he had ever been picked on during high school, Otis admitted he had been. He shared how he has “always been made fun of” because of the way he looks. He stressed how it wasn’t always weight-related, noting how he has difficulty reading due to dyslexia.

“I got plenty of stories with me trying to follow kids back home trying to get at them but it’s just I wasn’t the fast one and yeah, reading assessment was weird. These days, like it’s funny to look back now because a lot of those kids that did do that, I don’t think they have the balls to talk to me anymore. I don’t think.”

Despite having to deal with people trying to make fun of him, Otis admitted he’s never had a problem with his size. He recalled how WWE wanted him to wrestle in trunks after moving away from NXT. He shared how he doesn’t have a lot of insecurities, but remembered thinking “‘Wow that’s not going to look good on camera here. I got a shakey belly, ya know?’”

Having adopted the idea of competing in trunks, however, Otis shared how the WWE Universe went nuts when he first debuted them. “I’m sitting there shaking my belly. So I guess I’m making a living shaking my belly…”

Otis would emerge victorious from this Sunday’s Money In The Bank pay-per-view. He caught the lucrative briefcase after AJ Styles fumbled it at the top of the ladder. At the time of writing, there is no indication as to what title Otis will challenge for. He has the option to compete with any champion from RAW, SmackDown or NXT.