PDA

View Full Version : Lio Rush Reveals How He Found Out WWE Was Releasing Him

Kemo
05-12-2020, 07:25 PM
Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion Lio Rush was one of many WWE talents to be released from the company last month. Recently, Lio Rush took part in an interview with Forbes and commented about how he found out he was released from the company.

According to Rush, he called the company to ask when he heard about the releases and they informed him he was one of those being let go.

“I was the first group of people that were announced. I actually made the call myself,” Rush said. He continued to talk about how he saw the releases on new sites and then called the company.

“I saw that there were a lot of news sites posting about it. It made mainstream news, so I was like ‘oh man, this might be a real thing.’ So I called the Head of Talent Relations and I just asked—like, straight up—’Am I one of these people who is going to be released today? Because I’m seeing it all over the internet and I don’t want to find out over the internet or through one of my fans.’”

“He said yes, unfortunately, you are.”

Rush signed with WWE in the summer of 2017. He started off in NXT but was moved to the main roster in 2018. After spending some time as Bobby Lashley’s “hype man,” Rush was reported to have been involved in some conflict with management. He began appearing in NXT once against in September of 2019, wrestling in the cruiserweight division.

Rush continued to say he’s not in a hurry to wrestle again after his release.

“I had good times in WWE. I had bad times too. And some of those bad times were a little traumatizing to me. I just thought to myself: Why put myself back in a situation where I was going to be unhappy?”