PDA

View Full Version : Otis On MITB Cash In Plans, How They Planned The Cinematic Ladder Match

Kemo
05-13-2020, 01:56 PM
Having won the Money In The Bank briefcase this past Sunday, Otis now has the chance to cash in for a championship shot. He can claim this right at any point over the next year. According to Otis, however, he isn’t interested in waiting to cash in his championship opportunity.

In an interview with Comicbook.com, Otis revealed how he wants to “cash that thing right away,” stressing that there is no time to waste. He also spoke about WWE’s recent cinematic matchups and the planning process for the Money In The Bank match.

Like the Boneyard Match and the Firefly Fun House, this past Sunday’s Ladder Match was a pre-recorded cinematic match.

Otis acknowledged that the filming of the match led to a long day. He added that working with those Superstars made it feel like a day off as it’s so fun:

“It’s a great day, just the freedom of just going ‘Yeah, I’ll drop the weights on AJ, just drop this load on his chest.’ That’s just so damn funny to me.”

When it came to the creative process of the MITB match, Otis shared his contributions to the proceedings. He shared how they were given relative freedom to explore fun ideas. According to him, they were given “all the toys we could play with.”

“It wasn’t like a direct ‘you guys do it this part of the room.’ I think the directors [were there] to make sure to get your point across as to why we’re doing this in this particular scene, but it was basically just like “Oh, yeah, we should do this with this, and then all right, if I break it, I’m sorry,’ kind of thing.”

At the time of writing, there is no indication as to which championship Otis is interested in challenging will for.

j53AizUZBzI