PDA

View Full Version : Matt Riddle Comments On Possibly Going To RAW Or Smackdown

Kemo
05-14-2020, 10:08 PM
Matt Riddle is currently 1/2 of the NXT tag team champions. He won the titles with “Stallion Pete” Pete Dunne but due to travel restrictions, he has taken on a temporary partnership with “Stallion Timothy” Timothy Thatcher. Riddle has been in NXT since 2018 and now is a focal point of the show as it airs Wednesday nights on USA. Someday, however, it is possible, or even likely, that Riddle gets moved to either RAW or Smackdown.

During a recent interview with Pro Wrestling Sheet, Riddle was asked if he wants to move into a big program on RAW or Smackdown.

“I don’t want to push anybody into things or rush anything. But at the same time, I love NXT, I love the product we do, I love the intensity, I love the intimacy, especially when we do have fans at Full Sail. The Takeovers are amazing,” Riddle said. He would continue to say, however, that it is his goal to be a top guy in WWE.

“But yeah, I think everybody knows the main goal is to eventually get to the top, be at the main event of WrestleMania, win the Royal Rumble. Do it all and be the top guy. I fought MMA and I felt like I could have gotten a lot further and I didn’t. Now that I’m in pro wresting, if I have any opportunity, I’m going to seize it and take it. If there’s an opportunity or a spot open, I’m going to take it. I’m going to take the opportunity and run with it as hard and far as I can.”

Riddle was then asked if he would be interested in taking part in the brand-to-brand invitation. It seemed as though Riddle wasn’t too aware of the new initiative but stated he was interested nonetheless.

“Yeah, that’s a great idea. I hope I get a call soon and they let me wrestle up there a little bit.”

Riddle has a big match tonight on NXT. He will team up with “Stallion Timothy” to go up against Imperium’s Fabian Aichner and Marcel Barthel with the NXT Tag Team titles on the line. It will be Thatcher and Riddle’s second title defense since Pete Dunne has been unable to travel to the US. Their first title defense saw them beat the team of Roderick Strong and Bobby Fish on the April 15th episode.