PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Cormier Discusses Cain Velasquez’s Release From WWE

Kemo
05-14-2020, 10:10 PM
Daniel Cormier recently did an interview with Sports Illustrated to talk about WWE releasing Cain Velasquez.

The former UFC Light Heavyweight and Heavyweight Champion is good friends and a former training partner of Velasquez at AKA.

“It makes me sad for Cain,” said Cormier. “I know how much he enjoys wrestling. I know that he’s going to land on his feet. There is no person in the world I am more confident that will come out of whatever situation in a positive light than Cain Velasquez.”

Cormier was then asked if the release of the former UFC Champion has changed his desire of wanting to work for WWE.

Cormier stated that everyone should consider the circumstances that the world is in right now due to the coronavirus with any moves companies or organizations. He stated that it’s not normal right now nor something any of us have ever seen before.

He noted that to say that it would make you only want to do a one-off as opposed to a contract is a little much. He added that everybody’s doing exactly what they’re doing because of the pandemic.

Velasquez’s AKA coach has stated in the past that he plans to continue in the pro wrestling world.

P4C6d2-KcN4