PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho Opens Up About ‘Professional Rivalry’ With Triple H

Kemo
05-14-2020, 10:23 PM
All Elite Wrestling’s Chris Jericho has opened up about his past issues with WWE Hall of Famer Triple H. During an appearance on the Rich Eisen Show, Jericho revealed how he had issues with people in the past before singling out his problems with Triple H.

Chris Jericho recalled how back in the early 2000’s he and Triple H didn’t like one another. He added how Triple H would admit the same thing. Despite this, they were still able to put on great matches, adding how “I think that’s one of the reasons why.”

He explained how they had a “professional rivalry” alongside a “bit of a personal dislike” of each other. He also stressed that they are friends now.

Jericho added how there are plenty of professional rivalries taking place when a person is “young full of vim and vigor.” He juxtaposed these rivalries with those that take place in rock and roll, pointing out how bands break up and ten years later get back together.

“I think there’s that animosity that drives you to become better, and if you have a case like say Jericho and Triple H, our matches were always great because there was a little bit of real-life animosity between us,” Chris Jericho admitted.

“‘I’m gonna show him. Well, I’m gonna show him. Well, I’m gonna show him,’ and I think that’s good in a certain way.”

Chris Jericho then added how Vince McMahon would “subtly encourage” this kind of personal and professional rivalry. He believes he did so as doing that would inevitably lead to better results in the ring.

You can listen to Jericho’s comments about his relationship with Triple H in the video player embedded below:

xVh6yVapUxc