PDA

View Full Version : Lio Rush Responds To Criticism From Mark Henry

Kemo
05-14-2020, 10:27 PM
Former Cruiserweight Champion Lio Rush was released from WWE last month. At the time of his release, Rush had returned to the NXT brand where he was competing in the cruiserweight division. This followed a series of backstage reports regarding conflict between him and management on the main roster in the first half of 2019. During this period, Mark Henry criticized Rush on Busted Open Radio and publicly revealed a conversation the two had backstage.

Today, Rush put out a series of Tweets critical of Henry’s comments about him last year.

“Woke up remembering the time Mark Henry said I lied to him to his face & then continued to bury me on his podcast while telling me i need to learn how to spend my money better. S**t was crazy. Sorry man, i didn’t mean to have a wife and two kids on top of other responsibilities,” Rush Tweeted.

Hey @TheMarkHenry, this needs to be addressed. Because you out here STILL lying on my name to this day.

— ? Ever After OUT NOW! (@itsLioRush) May 14, 2020

In May of 2019, Henry noted on Busted Open Radio that he tried to talk with Rush backstage about the problems he was experiencing on the main roster.

“I pulled him aside the last time I saw him and told him ‘I’m hearing stuff in the locker room. What’s wrong?’ He said nothing’s wrong. It was a blatant lie to my face. I let him know that if he has a question, right now is the time to do that,” Henry said.

Rush would later state that his issues with the company were financial.

“My issue is the fact that I haven’t been on meet & greets with Bobby, haven’t been getting paid for merchandise for us that has my catchphrases on them. (I) have been sent to live shows and TVs and forced to pay for my own rental for 5 days as well as hotel while not making enough money to do so. Walking around broke in the biggest sports entertainment industry that there is while having two kids and a wife to support,” Rush said to Fightful last year.

Lio Rush has an album available for download. His music is available at MusicByLio.com.

Anyways, go download my album https://t.co/GsxpIEF5Qu . We doing something positive on this end. Also i have gear for sale if anyone is interested. Email ContactMusicByLio@gmail.com

— ? Ever After OUT NOW! (@itsLioRush) May 14, 2020